Invisalign Braces Clarksville,TN
Straighter Teeth The Easy Way
Invisalign braces makes your smile the best it can be. Most everyone knows that your smile is one of the first things people notice when meeting you for the first time. if you’re worried about the impression that you make because of misaligned teeth, you may not be putting your best face forward. Your Clarksville Dentist can help. Reluctance to smile, laugh or open wide when singing, for example, can affect your social and professional relationships. So what are you to do?
Advantages of Invisalign Braces
Traditional orthodontia offers a great solution to the problem, however, many people would rather avoid the metal-mouth look that regular braces provide. You may think it will make you look less professional. You may be embarrassed to admit that you didn’t address your crooked smile when you were younger. Or maybe you just don’t want to deal with the discomfort, frequent appointments, and length of treatment that are associated with braces. Fortunately, there are alternatives. Invisalign from Schmitt Dental in Clarksville, TN may be able to solve all of these problems with one revolutionary treatment.
What alignment problems can Invisalign® treat?
It’s kind of amazing to think these light little plastic trays that are so comfortable on your teeth are doing anything, but the reality is they are orthodontic workhorses! The aligners progressively shift your teeth and bite into alignment. While Invisalign cannot be used in cases where severe problems exist, it can work for most mild to moderate conditions such as:
- Gaps between teeth
- Crowded teeth
Clear Braces Save the Day!
Benefits of Invisible Braces
- Cosmetic Appeal — Aligners are virtually invisible, even from close up.
- Comfort – Metal braces can irritate and even abrade soft oral tissues. Clear aligners are made of smooth plastic that will not snag your lips or cheek tissue.
- Easy Hygiene — For brushing and flossing, simply remove the aligner.
- No Food Restrictions — No more need to cut off corn on the cob or avoid chewy foods.
- Greater Flexibility — Play French horn in your school band? Simply remove your aligner when practicing.
- No Tightening Sessions — Simply switch to the next aligner in the series every two weeks.
- Little (or no) Impact On Daily Life — Invisalign basically allows the patient to eat, brush, and live normally, all the while straightening his or her teeth.
- Less Treatment Time — Invisalign usually requires about half the time it takes traditional braces to straighten teeth.
How often will I have follow-up appointments over the course of my treatment?
You’ll see Dr. Schmitt or Dr. Oh about every six weeks during your treatment. This allows them to check the progress of your movement, plus they will give you the next batch of aligner trays at these appointments.
Does it hurt to have Invisalign?
Some people experience temporary discomfort for a few days at the beginning of each new stage of treatment, but this aching is not even close to the pain felt when traditional bands are “adjusted” every month or two. Plus, wearing your aligner trays day in and day out is completely painless when compared to the constant rubbing on your lips and cheeks with traditional braces.
Are results permanent with Invisalign?
Because Invisalign moves the teeth without all the metal hardware and pain, there is a misconception that the movement created is somehow fleeting and that the teeth will move back at the drop of a hat. That’s crazy.
Just as with traditional braces, once we have moved your teeth to their new positions, they need a retainer to keep them there. For traditional braces, everyone knows about the plastic retainers where a piece fits onto the roof of your mouth and it is attached to wires that surround the teeth and keep them in place.
Invisalign uses a different sort of retainer. Instead of the uncomfortable hard plastic retainer with the wires, Invisalign uses Vivera® retainers made of the same material as Invisalign aligners. The retainers are similar to the aligners, but are thicker and more durable because they need to be worn for longer periods than the two-week aligners. Patients receive four Vivera® retainers, allowing them to replace them over the course of their retention. This allows the Vivera retainers to stay clean.
How do I care for my Invisalign aligners?
It’s not difficult to keep your aligner trays clean. It’s much easier than trying to keep metal braces and wires clean, that’s for sure! You have some options for cleaning your aligners:
- You can gently brush them with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- You can soak them in denture cleaner while you eat dinner.
- You can use Retainer Brite® to soak them.
- You can use official Invisalign crystals to clean and sanitize your aligners.
- You can use clear anti-bacterial soap and use your fingers to scrub the aligners.