Why Choose Schmitt Dental For Your General Dentistry Needs?
At Schmitt Dental, our dentists in Clarksville excel in the diagnosis, treating, and preventive dentistry for a multitude of dental conditions. Procedures including routine oral care, dental exams, teeth cleaning, root canals and everything in between. From fixing cavities to a chipped tooth, Schmitt Dental uses the latest in technology to adhere to the highest standards. Our dentists are highly trained and specialize in patient comfort making your visit to our dentist offices a pleasant experience. Our goal is to give you results that last and make your smile shine.
Our priority goes to our patients. We want you to have a healthy and confident smile. Many of our services, such as $99 teeth whitening for life can give you the smile you deserve at a great price. We offer the best in general dentistry care to provide you with the perfect smile.
A healthy, radiant smile is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. Fortunately, it doesn't take much effort to maintain your oral health. Our team is here to support you by providing comprehensive dental services in a warm and friendly environment. We believe in going above and beyond in the care that we provide, so you can trust that, when you visit one of our conveniently located offices, you will receive services that are tailored to your needs. We look forward to meeting you!
What Is General Dentistry?
General dentistry is the area of practice in which we attend to your oral health. This may involve routine cleanings and examinations or some minor restorative treatments to get you back on track. Regardless of where you stand with your oral health at the moment, our dentists can walk you through the treatments that you may need to enjoy a smile that you can feel proud of.
What General Dentistry Options Does Schmitt Dental Offer?
At Schmitt dental offices, our team handles the vast majority of your dental health needs. Our array of services encompasses general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry. In the area of general dentistry, we offer the following services:
- General exams and cleanings. Per the American Dental Association, general exams and cleanings should be scheduled about every six months. These visits include a thorough examination of your teeth, gums, and restorations such as crowns or bridges.
- Dental fillings, inlays, or onlays. If your exam discovers a cavity, your dentist will perform the appropriate restorative procedure. Fillings may be made of tooth-colored resin, achieving the most aesthetically pleasing repair. Inlays and onlays are "fillings" that are crafted in a dental lab to repair more severe tooth decay.
- Dental crowns. A restorative treatment that resides within general dental services, a dental crown is a restoration that sits fully over a tooth that has been severely damaged by decay or injury. Crowns are also used as an aspect of root canal therapy.
- Root canal therapy. This treatment is appropriate for eliminating infection at the center of a tooth. The procedure removes infected pulp as well as the nerves and roots of the damaged tooth, alleviating uncomfortable symptoms very quickly.
- Gum disease. Our dentists carefully examine your gums at each of your routine appointments. Gingivitis, addressed very early on, can be reversed with appropriate treatment and home care. If necessary, your dentist will perform deeper cleanings and treatment to mitigate the effects of periodontal disease.
What To Expect At Your Dentist Appointment Patient
- Modern dentistry knowledge practiced by your dentist
- A clean and comfortable environment
- Up-to-date technology to help in the caring of your teeth
- The ability to ask questions and get honest answers
See What Our Patients Are Saying!
"This is one of the best dentists I've ever been to. They took care of me very well and made sure I was happy when I left. Extremely professional and very nice. I really appreciate what this office has done for me. Thank you."
"Absolutely the best! Everyone is very kind, the atmosphere is calming, and they go out of their way to make sure you as comfortable as possible. Want a good experience at the dentist? This is the place."
Am I A Candidate For General Dentistry?
Yes. You have teeth and gums, and want to keep them for as long as possible! Every person is a good candidate for general dentistry services and should maintain visits with their dentist at six-month intervals. If it has been longer than six months since your last dental exam and cleaning, please contact an office near you to schedule a visit with one of our friendly, experienced dentists.
How Often Should You Undergo A General Dentistry Appointment?
Your general dentistry appointments should occur every six months. This is assuming that you do not experience persistent tooth pain, an injury to a tooth, or signs of gum disease in between visits. While we want to see you twice a year for a comprehensive examination, we also want you to stay on top of any issues that may arise before your next visit. If you have a question about a dental symptom you are experiencing, please don't hesitate to contact our office for guidance. Your dentist is invested in your long-term oral health and will recommend treatments only as they are absolutely necessary.
How To Prepare For A General Dentistry Appointment
There are no special instructions for preparing for your dental visit. If you have questions, jot them down. If you feel nervous about receiving dental care, let us know when you schedule your appointment. Also, talk to your dentist about your apprehension or fears. It is important to us that you feel comfortable and trusting in the care that you receive. We want to make you as comfortable as possible, so need to know your tolerance for sitting in the dental chair, the sounds of the office, and the procedures that you may need. If you have any amount of dental anxiety, we suggest avoiding caffeine before your dental appointments. This can help support your peace of mind and also decrease the chances of feeling fidgety in the dental chair. Generally, it is appropriate to brush your teeth before your dental appointment. You can also floss, keeping in mind that your dentist or hygienist may repeat this during your appointment. When you brush and floss ahead of time, you might feel more comfortable and may also reduce the amount of time it takes to remove plaque during your cleaning. Finally, if you have questions before your visit, give us a call! We're happy to help you feel fully prepared for your appointment.
Schedule A Visit At Schmitt Dental
We're here to help with all of your dental needs: routine oral care, dental exams, teeth cleaning, root canals and even sleep apnea treatments! Please give us a call at (931) 647-3960 or (931) 552-7745 for our Clarksville offices or visit us on our contact page.